OBTAINED EDUCATION ADMINISTRATION POSITION AND UTILIZED MY ACADEMIC AND RESEARCH EXPERTISE AS A CSE CHAIRPERSON
* Conducted reviews annually and tri-annually as CSE subscommittee chairperson (CADRE)
* Determinded suitable classification for students with suspected disabilities.
* Schools #7and#16 in the Rochester City School District New York
* Evaluated the adequacy of programs, services, and students facilities.
* Maintained ongoing written communication with parents in regards to planning, modifying, changing, reviewing, placing or evaluating programs, classifying or education plans for students.
* Determined the least restrictive educational setting for children classified with a disability.
* Notified parents of Procedural Due Process by informing parents of the results of an evaluation, development, and a IEP, and proposed action to review a child’s IEP, classification or placement.
* Planned and conducted a presentation for Special Ed teachers explaining how to use the new delivery system for special education programs. Emphasized collaboration between Special Ed staff and classroom teachers. Explained the conditions of Public Law 504.
* Presented papers on the CSE process, FBA, ADD and ADHD at Nazareth College to Special Ed Teachers. (Spring 2001)
* Presented a paper on Strength Based I.E.P to Special Ed teachers at Nazareth College’s 3rd Annual Institute on Inclusive Education and Teaching to Higher Standards. (Spring 2000)
* Presented a paper on the education of the deaf at the International Catholic Conference of Education for the Deaf, Newark, New Jersey. (Summer 1984).